Search Linux Wireless

rtl8192cu: testing with EdiMax USB

Hi all,

So talking to some colleagues at work, I managed to find someone else who uses the EdiMax USB dongle and persuaded them to lend it to me for the weekend in order to see whether it could be related to a hardware difference with my OEM dongle.

I've just tested with the EdiMax USB dongle which reports as "Bus 004 Device 004: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]" in lsusb, which I believe is exactly the same hardware that Larry is using. And again I still see the problem with disassociation.

I spent a bit more time tinkering further with debug=0x5, forgetting that I had left your last diagnostic patch applied. Based upon when the beacon output disappears in the logs (after updating the power registers), it does seem likely that is a power-related problem.

The two power-related messages that stand out to me are:

1) Repeated output of "pHalData->bHwRadioOff and eRfPowerStateToSet do not match: pHalData->bHwRadioOff 0, eRfPowerStateToSet 0" messages

2) rtl92c_dm_txpower_tracking_callback_thermalmeter() seems to be called X seconds before the "AP off for X seconds" messages

Larry - I've sent you the complete debug off-list from the EdiMax, so it should be a like-for-like comparison with your setup. Hopefully comparing with your output will help you work out exactly what the problem is.

ATB,

Mark.