Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8192CU continually reconnecting

On 09/09/13 15:57, Larry Finger wrote:

I think your user space is exactly the problem. As I am writing this, my
device, which lsusb reports as "ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd
EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]" has been up for
a little over 20 hours. During that time, there have been 23
deauthentications for reason 7, but 0 of the "connection to AP lost"
variety.

I've just tried building wpa_supplicant 2.0 from source and it sadly doesn't make any difference here.

I do still however see the following in dmesg output:

rtlwifi:rtl_watchdog_wq_callback():<0-0> AP off, try to reconnect now

Briefly looking through the code in rtlwifi/base.c I see that the watchdog message above is triggered by the condition (rtlpriv->link_info.bcn_rx_inperiod + rtlpriv->link_info.num_rx_inperiod) == 0).

The bcn_rx_inperiod value is only incremented by rtl_beacon_statistic() in base.c, which is in turn called from _rtl_usb_rx_process_noagg() (but not _rtl_usb_rx_process_agg() for some reason?). Shall I try adding some debugging printk() statements in there to get a feel for what is going on? Or would it be better to attempt a trace with debug=0x5?

My system is running version 1.1 of wpa_supplicant, 0.9.6.4 of
NetworkManager, and 0.9.0.7 of the KDE applet.

None of my wireless connections are made automatically. When I select a
particular AP from the KDE applet, it is roughly 2 seconds until the
interface has gotten an IP and reports its state as connected.

I will switch my system from NM to manual control to see what happens.

Interesting. Did it make any difference in the end?

ATB,

Mark.