Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Ilw] Re: Slow throughput on Ultimate-N 6300

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your quick response!

It is a regression. I regularly had 300 Mbps speeds on this very access point, but it was years ago, in the 2.6 kernel series. However, I believe, from extensive online searches, that Intel has disabled the N functionality in the firmware on Linux, ostensibly until they (you? :-) ) can fix whatever problem they were seeing. With the demise of the Intel Linux Wireless bug tracker, though, public tracking of the bug has been impossible. There are now-dead links to the defunct bug tracker over this very issue.

Sadly I only get 2 MByte/s on N, and under 1 MByte/s G.

I have not tried another access point in ages. Tired of replacing fried Netgears and Dlinks and Belkins, I've converted all my friends and families to Apple's access points. I'll try to locate something else and see how it goes.

Thanks again,

Steve