Search Linux Wireless

Re: Connection not established with Realtek RTL8188CUS based USB device (EDIMAX)

Am Montag, den 17.06.2013, 17:19 -0500 schrieb Larry Finger:
> On 06/17/2013 04:38 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Did you do the 'sudo make install' step? If not, you are going to be mixing
> modules from the original kernel and those from backports.

No, I did not run that, hoping to avoid getting non-packaged stuff
installed. Sorry, for leaving that out.

> I just built that version of backports and installed it. Unfortunately, the
> patches you need are not in that version as they have just been incorporated in
> 3.10-rc6.

Good to know. Thanks.

> They will be propagated to stable in the next few weeks, but they are
> not there yet. To fix that, copy the attached patch to the backports directory
> and run the command
>
> patch -p1 < patch_5b8df24e22e0
>
> and remake the drivers.

I am going to try that.

Three more questions regarding this patch.

1. Could you add `CC: stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx` to the patch so it gets
backported to the stable Linux kernel releases.

2. Does this fix a regression or did it never work with WEP/WPA(1)
networks before?

3. If wpa_supplicant only prints WPA to `/var/log/syslog`, can I be sure
this is *no* WPA2 network? Because I always thought this is a WPA2
network.

Thanks,

Paul