Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211 QoS/aggregation questions, thoughts

> 4965 has 4 queues which are used for regular WMM.  Only 11 queues
> might be used for aggregation, but in AP mode we might map one of the
> queues to after beacon multicast traffic.
> One queue is reserved for communicating with FW.  The number my differ
> on further NICs.

Ok, makes sense.

> All the traffic queues 4 WMM + 11 AGG are served according regular WMM
> policy, 4 AC - these are configured by conf_tx.  The aggregation
> queues are needed for handling ordering of frames correctly and not
> for on media prioritizing

Yeah I realise those are just for the right ordering (which is
interesting btw, Broadcom gets away without extra queues, not sure yet
how), but I those have to have media access too and I wonder how that is
configured. But it's not too important right now.

I'm trying to grasp the qdisc/multiqueue netdev stuff right now, it's
proving harder than I expected :)

> Sorry but I have to review your patch later

No worries, I just whipped that up as proof-of-concept.

johannes