Search Linux Wireless

Re: Power saving features for iwl4965

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 01:50:58PM +0100, Pedro Francisco wrote:

> >> I also got a SYSASSERT:
> >> (...)
> >>
> >> I disabled powersave (but kept running the same kernel) and none of
> >> the errors appeared again.
> >
> > Yes, this seems to be iwlegacy PS issue and has to be fixed before
> > this patch could be applied.
>
> But is it a driver-only issue? I had assumed it was some sort of
> fireware+driver issue...
Looks like driver issue or firmware issue that can be workaround in
the driver.

> Will running with debug on help? Or is it easily reproducible on any
> iwl3945 / iwl4465 ?
>
> Because in my case (iwl3945) it happens after boot, no prior suspend
> to RAM is required to trigger the issues.
I can reproduce microcode error on iwl4965 by reloading modules. Looks
like we put device in sleep mode and it can not be properly booted when
driver initalize. I did not yet test patch on iwl3945. When I'll do
this, I think I'll be able to reproduce problems you discovered. If not
I'll ask for more debug info.

Thanks
Stanislaw