Search Linux Wireless

Ironic kernel panic when changing STATION channel type (b/t HT20 and HT40)

Hello developers!

I am new to linux wireless driver coding, and is trying to implement Notify Channel Width Action frame.

Along with sending the action frame to request AP send data using specified bandwidth (20MHZ or 40MHZ), STATION also need to change its channel type accordingly (b/t HT20 and HT40).

For now, my implementation on action frame and updating sending rate b/t HT20 rates and HT40 rates works fine, but not for channel type change.

One way I tried to change channel type is calling ieee80211_set_channel_type() primitive. This can change channel type as wish on AP side, but ironically, it causes kernel panic (inside ieee80211_set_channel_type() function) when called exactly on STATION, even the same way as it is called on AP.

Another way I tried is through calling drv_config(), which causes kernel panic on both AP and STATION side also.

I truly appreciate it if you could help me with your rich experience!
Thanks in advance!

Wen