Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath6kl_sdio blocked by RFKILL

On 2013-06-01 14:34, Kalle Valo wrote:
Ulf Samuelsson <ntp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Have built the ath6kl_sdio driver for an Cortex-A5 chip using the
linux-3.6.9 kernel
File system built using Yocto  and Busybox RF-Kill.

Kernel Config contains:

CONFIG_RFKILL=m
CONFIG_RFKILL_LEDS=y
CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=y
# CONFIG_RFKILL_GPIO is not set

When I do

# ifconfig wlan0 up.

I get the error message:

ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not possible due to RF-kill

If I run "rfkill list" I get

1: phy1: wlan
         Soft blocked: yes
         Hard blocked: no

If I try to unblock using "rfkill unblock all" or "wifi" or "wlan",
the soft block remains.
Have you tried "rfkill unblock 1"?

Yes, I have now been able to reproduce on another board.

The System has an MMC connector, and if I boot with my SD51 SDIO card in the connector, then

"rfkill unblock <x>"

won't work, with x = {all,wifi,1 ...}

If I boot without the SD51 card beeing inserted, and then insert if after theboot has been completed,
then rfkill works as expected.

The MMC host driver is  built as a module, maybe it shouldn't.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson