Search Linux Wireless

Inquiry About How to Make Reliable Wireless Injection Using MAC80211

Hi everyone,

My name is Jackson Corson and I work for the University of New Hampshire Interoperability Lab. I am currently working on a project to implement a wireless testing tool that can test our MAC 802.11n Conformance test suite. This tool is designed to send and receive any packet. It currently uses Lorcon2 to inject packets into mac80211. This has worked quite well except for the fact that radio tap headers are ignored and fields get set without me changing them. For example, the Duration/ID field always has a value even when set to 0. This means the tool only injects packets at basic rates and does not have reliable packet creation. My question to you guys is how can I get my tool to send packets quickly, reliably, and with the correct rates? I have tried several other methods besides lorcon to inject packets, with no difference. I have also edited to driver to no use the dynamic rate selection algorithm but that failed to work either. I am using an Ath9k card, linux 3.5.0.27-generic as my kernel, and Ubuntu 12.04LTS as my OS. I have tried several other wireless cards as well with the same result.

Thanks,

--
Jackson Corson
UNH-IOL Wireless Consortium