Search Linux Wireless

Re: Compact-wireless build issue

Hi Rohini,

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Rohini Srinivas
<rohini.srinivas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is Rohini Srinivas from Sasken Communication Technologies, Bangalore. I am trying to build the compact wireless for wilink8 with our dm814x specific ezsdk kernel version 2.6.37.
> We are currently facing issues with regard to the same.
>
> I have followed the steps as mentioned in http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/WL18xx_Build_System_Scripts .Procedure under "System Build Scripts".
>
> The dm81x ezsdk version details - http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZSDK_Feature_List .The ezsdk version we are using is 5.04.
>
> As per the README document in compat-wireless downloaded for wilink8 "ol_r8.a6.01" tag, I see that kernel verison > 2.6.24 is compatible. I am trying to build this compact-wireless package with our 2.6.37 kernel, which is failing due to some variables been referred which are added post 3.2 kernel.

Firstly, some of the drivers, and the TI driver may be one of them,
depend on a newer kernel version than the base compat-wireless
package.

Secondly, you're using a version of compat-wireless that's been
provided by TI, rather than an official one, so the only help we can
really give you is to ask if you've tried a newer official version.
You should start reading here:

https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks,

--