Search Linux Wireless

Ralink RT3290 proprietary drivers causing kernel panic

Hello,

I am on openSUSE 12.3 with kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop, i wanted to try out the proprietary drivers for Ralink RT3290 so i downloaded the drivers from http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php?sn=501 and compiled the drivers as mentioned on my thread here : https://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/wireless/486975-rt3290-wireless-proprietary-drivers-not-working.html#post2557514. Everything compiled fine, openSUSE was able to scan and connect to access points after installation, but when i access the internet a kernel panic occurs after ~5sec (time varies based on the data usage). So i humbly request you to please provide the solution for the same, you can reach me through email or reply to my thread (probably faster as i don't check my email everyday).

Thank You!

"This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If, by an addressing or transmission error, this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message,contents or its attachment(s) other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of the organization.Before opening attachment(s), please scan for viruses."