Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k problems on openSUSE 12.3

On 01.05.2013 16:38, Adrian Chadd wrote:
.. what was the problem?

I had connected a wifi network extender which borked (at the same time that I upgraded the kernel for better gma500 support)

I removed the wifi extender but subsequently had all the problems.

However the source was a tick box in my Netgear router that I don't remember setting (or it gets set by using an extender, I've not explored that)

This provided wirelss isolation limited to the extender and prevented authentication directly with the router. (This might be how extenders work but that seems strange to me)

I identified it after I dug out a slow but known working AAO with an Intel wifi card and which mysteriously failed to authenticate, so from then I knew I was looking in the wrong place.