Search Linux Wireless

Re: Broadcom brcmfmac vs bcmdhd on Android

On 04/23/2013 10:10 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
I am working mainly on brcmfmac. IBSS should work, but reading the
commit message of your patch I guess it may be a firmware issue so using
brcmfmac will not make a difference.

I would like to try that to confirm it. And from your message I conclude the brcmfmac is the way to go forward...

I succeeded to compile brcmfmac from recent compat-drivers against the
"tuna" (Galaxy Nexus) kernel, the modules load, but no device is
recognized. Has anyone succeeded doing this? Is there any chance it can
work?

That is how we did it and with success. What do you mean by 'no device
is recognized'? Do you have any traces to look at?

Good to know. What I did is I compiled the "tuna" kernel (3.0.31) without bcmdhd, then brcmfmac from compat-drivers, loaded the brcmfmac module (+ dependencies), but then nothing happens. It looks like the device is not recognized on SDIO. Is there anything special I need to do to activate the chip?
Anyhow I'll debug this further and send you more info later.

Thanks,
bruno