Search Linux Wireless

Re: question on SMPS for AP

> i see that the rate_control_rate_update is called with the
> IEEE80211_RC_SMPS_CHANGED flag. however, i see that the minstrel_ht code
> does not check for SMPS with respect to RTS.

It's very well possible that minstrel doesn't implement this correctly.
I don't care all that much right now about minstrel, so it's up to those
who do :)

> Also, the code - rate_control_rate_update calls - sta_rc_update
> mac80211 op. i was first thinking that i could use this for the AP side
> notification to driver layer. however, a comment for sta_rc_update
> indicates that it is to be used only when IEEE80211_HW_HAS_RATE_CONTROL
> is true.
> this led to the confusion.
>
> Can this op be used to update the driver about change in station's SMPS
> mode for AP ?

Well, in theory it could be, but it doesn't make sense. If you have a
rate control algorithm in software (like minstrel) then that should
likely configure the RTS, and rate control is updated via the rate
control rate_update() callback instead of via the driver.

johannes