Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi unable to reconnect after suspend since v3.9-rc1

Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 11:02 -0700, Alex Romosan wrote:
>
>> > Humm, yes, that makes more sense. That commit fixed a bug in another
>> > commit though, I'm surprised you ended up there?! Curious ... I'll
>> > check over the commit and see if I can find anything wrong with it.
>>
>> i just reverted that commit on top of 3.9-rc4 and now i can reconnect
>> when resuming from suspend. so whatever bug that commit fixed, it also
>> introduced a new one.
>
> Hmm, actually ... I suspect this didn't introduce a bug but rather
> unmasked one in iwlwifi/mac80211 interaction.
>
> Are you sure this only happens after suspend/resume? It seems like it
> would always happen? At least if there was a beacon in the scan results
> already, which should probably always be the case...

no, it always happens, but i only noticed it after suspend/resume. when
i suspend i do an ifdown (because i haven't figured out a way to
convince my new access point not to drop idle connections) and then i do
an ifup to reconnect on resume. when i'm testing it now, i just take the
network down and then try to bring it back up.

> Can you enable iwlwifi debugging and set the iwlwifi module parameter
> debug=0x40000000 ? I have a feeling you'll see something like
> "PASSIVE_NO_RX" in there.

i'll do it and let you know. i have iwlwifi compiled in the kernel, how
do i specify it at boot time?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |