Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] design discussion: Collecting information for (non-peer) stations

Hey Zefir,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 01:01:03PM +0100, Zefir Kurtisi wrote:
> Hello Simon,
>
> tested and looks good.

thanks for the feedback!

> I had to apply below patch to make it compile on latest
> compat-drivers (hlist_for_each_entry_* API changed in 3.9).

I've adopted your changes and added some compat code.

> It is definitively useful and I will start on top of it
> when I get back to work on our statistics module.
>
> I have no preferences whether to keep it separated or
> integrate it upstream. If statistics are required for
> mesh, there's maybe no choice other than integrating.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

As far as I understood from Thomas, we should not consider
the mesh case too much for now. Also I don't know if this
implementation is very useful for him/802.11s

I'll need to put some more effort in this module first
(its more a proof of concept for now). Maybe we propose it
for integration later. But I'm grateful for any patches like the
one you sent with this mail. ;)

> As for the API, I'd propose to leave it as simple as it is
> now, i.e. whoever needs more / different statistics hooks
> into ws_handle_frame() and adds his handlers after
> ws_sta_parse_ieee80211_hdr().

Yeah maybe you are right, it's the best to keep it as simple
as it is.

Thanks again,
	Simon