Search Linux Wireless

Re: Warnings with ASUS PCE-N15 (RTL8188CE)

On 03/09/2013 05:32 AM, Vincent Brillault wrote:
Thanks for your email, please find my comments inline

On Fri  8.Mar'13 at 19:53:15 -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
The firmware in all the cards that use the rtlwifi family of drivers its own
rate control. The drivers do not pay any attention to any rate-setting calls
from user space.
Do you mean that those warnings are only cosmetic and I should not care
about those ?

You can safely ignore them, but I wonder why I have not seen them. What is the configuration of your AP? Is it g or n?

I also see reason 7 disconnects; however, with NetworkManager, the network is
reconnects. If you are using ifup or similar method, it probably does not reconnect.
It does reconnect, but some higher level daemon (e.g. openvpn) suffer
from those disconnect/reconnect.

I have been doing tests on rtl8723ae for the past week, and I do not get those disconnects. Obviously, I need to find what differs between the two drivers in that respect. I suspect something in the rekeying part of TKIP.

Larry