Search Linux Wireless

Re: drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/tx.c and arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c: Kernel trace when roaming between different Access Points with the same ESSID

Drew Raines wrote:

> Richard Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Yet another one, this time during high USB i/o load.
>
> I've been suffering this issue as well since some version of the
> experimental Wheezy packages of 3.7.x, but it's also happening with a
> make-kpkg build of 3.8.
>
> If I switch APs in my house, my connection immediately fails and it
> won't work until I power the radio off and back on with the hardware
> switch on the side of the laptop.  I can't even `modprobe -r iwlwifi'
> the driver ("FATAL: Module iwlwifi is in use.").

As I was messing around with downgrading my kernel package (where'd
3.5-trunk go??) it occurred to me that I hadn't yet tried a more
recent version of firmware-iwlwifi.  I had been on 0.36+wheezy.1.
After installing 0.37 from experimental, this issue seems to have
disappeared.  I've been roaming around the house watching my wlan0
reassociate several times with a `ping -i3' running and it hasn't
lost its connection.

Richard, if you haven't updated, you might want to try:

  sudo apt-get -t experimental install firmware-iwlwifi

Thanks to the Intel guys for keeping this excellent hardware going on
Linux!

-Drew