Search Linux Wireless

Re: mwifiex crash when removing interface while scanning

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Bing Zhao <bzhao@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >     mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: rx_pending=0, tx_pending=0, cmd_pending=-1
>> >     eth0      Failed to read scan data : No such device
>
> After this error message, do you see the sd8787 card is removed from the bus?
>
> "mmc0: card 0001 removed"

No.

> My card works fine with a Ricoh controller on x86_64 machine. Of course the power is not cut when I remove the mwifiex_sdio module.

Under this kernel, I'm not sure if the power is or isn't being cut at
this point. I don't think this is relevant though; regular
insmod/rmmod cycles work fine, the problem only appears when tearing
down the interface while a scan is in progress.

> I can upgrade my XO-4 to kernel 3.8 if feasible. Please let me know if a HOW-TO doc is available.

You will need a serial console connected, as there is no output on the
LCD at this time when running the upstream kernel.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:DanielDrake/Run_upstream_kernel_on_XO-4

Daniel