Search Linux Wireless

Re: [BUG] Beacon loss event every second

On 02/12/2013 11:46 AM, Wojciech Dubowik wrote:
On 02/12/2013 11:24 AM, Wojciech Dubowik wrote:
On 02/12/2013 11:23 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
Wojciech Dubowik <Wojciech.Dubowik@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have a test pc with 3x AR9590 and 2x AR9390. Machine is based on i7
and hyperthreading is on so I have 8 cores.
I am using latest wireless testing ath9k and 3.8rc7 kernel.

What I see is that for some extended periods odf time beacons are not
processed in ieee80211_rx_mgmt_beacon
and that's why I get beacon loss. I am using 30ms beacon period.

What is really funny, that I get this beacon loss message every
second. Like is sth was locking ifmgd->mtx mutex
at constant intervals.

I will try to disable all cores and run in again to see if it's rcu problem.
You could also try wireless-next or wireless-testing to pinpoint if the
problem is in wireless code or not.

I see it on wireless-testing and mac80211-next. I will try with other driver later today.

I can see also other problem like authentication frame always timing out the first time
but I will handle it later.
It has turned out that I had bad irq, switch to polling problem. Without interrupts for wireless
cards I will for sure see such problems.
After solving the bad irq problems I can still see the issue.

It has turned out that when I set beacon interval to less than 40ms I get beacon loss events.

My setup is ath9k AP and ath9k STA on the same pc connected with rf cable and 40dB attenuator.

I have seen this problem also with earlier versions of wireless testing and next.

Wojtek

Sorry for spamming.

Wojtek