Search Linux Wireless

B43 disconnects with high power APs

Hi, I've been using the b43 driver and have been getting frequent
disconnects while using WPA.

I noticed that this seems related to the "Power Setting" on my 2Wire
router. When the power is set to full (400 mW) I get disconnected every
few seconds. If I lower power setting to 50 mW I can stay connected for
days at a time. I also noticed that if I am near the router I get
disconnected more often than if I am farther away or in a different
room.

This seems to be quite the opposite of what I would expect. Can anyone
think of a reason that a *better* signal would lead to more disconnects,
or if there's anything I can do about it? With my home router I can just
lower the transmit power setting and it works fine, but I can't do that
when I am traveling or connected to someone else's access point.

For reference:
   Wireless chip:   BCM4331
   Kernel version:  3.7.0
   wpa_supplicant:  0.7.3 and 2.0 (I tested both)
   b43 firmware:    5.100.138
   b43-fwcutter:    017
   b43 options:     tested with nohwcrypt=0/1 and qos=0/1