Search Linux Wireless

[FYI] hostapd status

Hi,

I just took the time to adjust hostapd to the new nl80211-based hardware
capabilities exporting (patch I recently posted) and it "works" again.

The todo list now pretty much is:

 * bring Michael Wu's "cooked" monitor patches to a suitable shape for
   merging and write iw(1) support for monitor flags; the cooked monitor
   hook shouldn't be in the RX handlers to allow seeing frames that
   other handlers dropped
 * remove 802.1X setting, 802.1X need never be disabled on an AP because
   it can be completely managed by hostapd
 * allow hostapd to set the 'basic' and 'supported' rate sets
 * allow hostapd to set QoS queue parameters
 * allow hostapd to set ERP parameters:
   - RTS/CTS protection
   - preamble
   - slot time
 * make kernel send events via nl80211 (TKIP MMIC, key threshold, ...)
 * make hostapd deal with such kernel events by using libnl properly
   with an ops list
 * implement regulatory domain control kernel/userspace API
 * make hostapd use that API, it wants to be in control of regulatory
   compliance rather than relying on an external daemon

I hope Luis will work on the last two items, and I personally want to
handle only the first two items. All others on the list are up for
grabs.

As usual, patches available from my website (ping me if I forget to push
them.)

I'm fairly confident now that my cfg80211 rate/channel API and the
corresponding nl80211 export code is usable now so I'll post that for
inclusion soon, I'll even rebase it on top of the iwlwifi changes if
they are merged soon enough.

johannes