Search Linux Wireless

Re: WARNING: at drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211/brcmsmac/main.c:7539

On 01/02/2013 04:09 PM, Seth Forshee wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 03:08:00PM +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:

>>> I'm certain that both problems existed prior to 3.8-rc1. The warning
>>> itself has generated a fairly consistent trickle of bug reports for a
>>> while now. I haven't noticed any increased frequency of these messages;
>>> if anything I'd say I'm hitting the WARN_ON less often (though I've been
>>> doing a lot of testing under heavy load so my observations may not be
>>> typical).
>>
>> Hi Seth,
>>
>> Indeed the warning has been there for a while, but the fatal error
>> resulting in triggering a restart from mac80211 has popped up late in
>> the 3.7-rc cycles and seem to consistently fail on our smoketest as well.
>
> I looked at the errors again and realized I was interpreting some of
> your comments in the wrong context. I don't recall having seen the
> frameid != txh->TxFrameID problems in my testing. If you can give me a
> test case to reproduce then I'll take a look as well.

I tried today and got dma_getnexttxp() return NULL pointer, which also
results in a hardware restart.

> Do you recall the exact -rc when it appeared? I can run a bisection if I
> can get it reproducing consistently.

Not sure. We did not upgrade the smoketests to every rc. So it only ran
rc3 and rc6 although mac80211, cfg80211, and brcm80211 drivers were
built and tested nightly from wireless-testing. Digging in my mailbox
the last reliable smoketest seems to be around november 29th.

Greetings,
Arend