Search Linux Wireless

Re: WARNING: at net/wireless/mlme.c:517

On 01/01/2013 04:15 PM, Julian Wollrath wrote:
This one indicates that there was a call to disassociate when the
device was not associated. It might have been informative to have
seen the logged messages earlier than 436.155474 seconds.
Some of the earlier messages can be found below together with the trace
with hopefully not mest up formatting like in my first mail. Basically
the device tries all the time to connect to the AP and it fails in most
cases to connect, a problem, which sounds very similar to what Borislav
Petkov mentioned in the "dire state of rtl driver in 3.7". By the way,
if you have a suggestion how to investigate connection problems (in my
case: often not possible to connect to the AP, even if the signal is
not very weak and when finally connected and the pings sometimes take
time in the order of 10^2 and the sometimes time in the order of 10^4
or even 10^5) which are there with both the vendor driver and the
native kernel driver, I would appreciate it.

As you have probably seen, I cannot duplicate the problems that Borislav sees, nor do I ever see the ones you state here.

If this condition is easy to replicate, please unload rtl8192ce, and reload with the command 'sudo modprobe -v rtl8192ce debug=4'. That will generate a lot of logging, thus you probably do not want to let it run too long.

Larry