Search Linux Wireless

[no subject]

Hey,

I'm a little late on this and away from my development machine anyway, but when reading my email, I noticed the following and thought this is important enough to point out, even though I only have that crappy webmailer and the only kernel tree I can look at is wireless-2.6/everything on git.kernel.org

In rc80211_pid.h, you have the following (this from the wireless-2.6 tree):

        /* Sampling period for measuring percentage of failed frames. */
        #define RC_PID_INTERVAL (HZ / 8)

But rc80211_pid_algo.c says:

        period = (HZ * pinfo->sampling_period + 500) / 1000;
        if (!period)
                period = 1;

You see this is completely bogus. My original patch had:

        /* Sampling period for measuring percentage of failed frames in 0.001s. */
        #define RC_PID_INTERVAL 1000

You see why what you posted and John commited is bogus?

I'm getting a little fed up with this, you keep screwing up the code with my name on it *sigh*

And again, I still don't think guarding against period == 0 is the right thing to do. As I explained privately in IRC, we should make sure the sample_interval is larger than HZ when setting the sample_interval variable  (once nl80211 is done). It doesn't make sense to do this check every time we execute the code when we can do it once in advance.

Sigh.

Mattias
-