Search Linux Wireless

Re: [patch 0/9] Rate control rework

> * It seems mac80211 fails to clean up the rate control algorithm. This
>   results in the debugfs entries created by patch 9 not being removed.

Probably a bug then, though I can't find it right now, the references
all look balanced and if they weren't then we'd not have been able to
rmmod rc80211_simple when it was still around. Not sure, can you try to
see what the problem is and maybe even fix it?

It does, however, look like the whole rate control code needs a revamp.
Looks like Jiri got busy there with krefs too without giving it too much
thought... It looks like all that can be converted to RCU just as well
as all the other stuff I already converted, I don't see a reason to keep
a reference count of the rate control algorithm for each sta.

If you fix the free problem I'll take a look at fixing the locking/refs
stuff there later.

johannes