Search Linux Wireless

Re: status wireless extensions API for new drivers

John W. Linville wrote:
BTW, how is your patchset looking?  If you want it to be in 2.6.25
then you need to post it soon.

It's currently in the form of a seperate self supporting package based
on an older kernel. So that probably needs a little bit of work to get
it rebased on current kernel. It's not a must for me to get it in 2.6.25
though, so if we miss it that's not a problem.

BTW, when is the approx. deadline for 2.6.25?

FWIW, as long as you have just enough WEXT support to get it to work
with open networks I think that would be enough to get a patch merged.
Having experimented a bit earlier with your patchset, I suspect you
can probably support WEP and maybe more by now...

Yes, WEP, WPA and WPA2 all should work fine. I'm using it everyday on a
WPA2 network with no issues. I don't have a wired connection here, so I
depend on it working for me :)

So, when will we see your patches?

I'll try get something out during the weekend.

Thanks,

John

regards,
Bjorge