Search Linux Wireless

RE: Misleading PCI id information on chipsets supported by ath5k

> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:39:56 +0100
> Subject: Re: Misleading PCI id information on chipsets supported by ath5k
> From: mrenzmann@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: jfrieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If at all, PCI IDs can be seen as evidence but should not be regarded
> authoritative in terms of chipset identification. ath_info does a better
> job here.
>
> Bye, Mike

Sure, that's what I wrote in my last mail ".. either the PCI id is not an appropriate way to label whether a device is supported or not .." - which brings me back to my initial request to update the ath5k information page in order to account for this ambiguity. ~jf