Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath5k: filter patch

Hello,

yes, the problem was there also with iface configured in monitor mode to capture its own traffic and set to promisc to catch also ucast traffic to other STAs (and their related control traffic). That happened because rx filters were never set up (or changed) during ioctls due to

ifconfig wlan0 promisc

or

iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor

Only mcast filters were set up by ath5k_configure_filters. Probably sometime in the past the line to set up rx_filters in this function disappeared from the code, I debugged all the base.c and hw.c to see if there were other parts in the code to set up rx filters during ioctls but there are not.

I repeat, this depends on the fact the there are no lines of code supposed to change rx_filters during ioctls.

By the way, again, has someone noticed that ath5k driver is not properly setting up rts procedure when asked?

Best regards,
FG