Search Linux Wireless

Re: zd1211rw (2.6.22 sparc64): unaligned access (do_rx)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:42:01PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Jean Tourrilhes <jt@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:35:54 -0800
>
> > I don't have a 64 bit box.
>
> Let me know when you have joined us in the 21st century.

	Well, if you are so rich, please send me a new computer. I'm
not paid to do any of this stuff.

> > Bug reports are *very* difficult to get because
>
> I guess writing a dummy wireless driver with just some printk()'s and
> some test userland programs to make sure the data goes to and
> from the handlers with the proper layout is thinking way too far
> outside the box for you.

	There is no point for that. The difficulty is finding out that
there is a problem. To find out that there is a problem, it's
sufficient to run a standard driver, no need for a dummy
driver. People already have little incentive to run real wireless
drivers on 64 bit boxes, I don't see who they would run dummy drivers.

> Nothing using iw_point in these request objects can possibly work in
> compat situations, for example.  I think it works by accident on
> little-endian.

	As I was saying, we made a lot of progress in the last few
months. And it works.

	Jean

-