Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt2x00/rt2500 PCI unresponsive / sluggish response

Hi,

> > Perhaps we should test if clearing the ENTRY_TXD_ACK unconditionally
> > for cts and rts frames would help. (patch located at the bottom).
> > In fact I wonder if clearing that flag would fix the rt61pci to run txdone
> > for all frames (opposed to skipping an occasional entry).
>
> Hm, I would think we actually should *set* the flag for rts frames,
> cause we expected them to be acked by cts, right? IIRC, this actually is
> what the legacy driver does.

True we expect them to be acked, but we also set the RTS flag which
*could* mean that setting that flag tells the device to wait for the cts response.
So perhaps it is worth a shot to see if not setting the ACK flag actually
helps in the responsiveness.

> Concerning the rt61 problem, I've done an experiment: I changed the
> code to drop out of the interrupt handler on every second interrupt
> without doing anything. That way, the driver doesn't execute the txdone
> logic for some txdone interrupts. This change triggered the missing tx
> entry after the interrupt is handled by the host. Question now is
> whether it is possible that we actually miss an interrupt? This would be
> an explanation for the missing tx status reports. I plan to have a
> closer look at interrupt handling in the kernel to see whether I can
> find something.

Ivo
-