Search Linux Wireless

iwlist and network-manager bug report

Hi Jean,

I have no idea where to send bug reports for iwlist so I'm mailing you
directly with CC to wireless-dev so others are aware.

Dan, for NM I suppose the right bug tracker would be redhats? I'm
offline as I'm writing this so I can't check.

Anyhow, the problem is that my landlord has an AP that broadcasts an
SSID with a 0xFC byte in it (supposedly an "ü" in windows). iwlist,
however, just prints

		ESSID:"B

and nothing more (the SSID is B\xFC...). wpa_supplicant converts it to
an underscore in its output (B_...), and network-manager also seems to
not like it, though it doesn't display any networks right now. Might or
might not be related.

I think it shouldn't be displayed truncated, although it is probably not
possible to display it in a fashion that all shells will properly parse
and convert to the right binary before invoking iwconfig or such.

johannes