Search Linux Wireless

Re: zd-mac80211: Fix TX status reports.

Tomas Winkler wrote:
Receiving all ACKs packets will degraded performance greatly for sure,
even on PCI interface.
Receving ACK can maybe allowed selectively only for management packets
including EAPOLS in some synchronous way, yet this is still error
prone.

I don't think we have such control. It's either all ACKs or no ACKs.

It looks strange to me that there is no other HW mechanism that does that?
Is this driver reverse engineered?

No. There is another mechanism for detecting failed transmissions: we get an interrupt for every failed TX. I feel that this should be enough to implement rate control, however mac80211 at the moment requires reports of both success and failure for rate control to work. Detecting success is the tricky part.

Daniel

-