Search Linux Wireless

question for developers (help plzz!!)

Dear all,

I would like to get in touch with any of the developers of Realtek and Ralink linux drivers. My question to them is about the implementation of the binary exponential backoff (BEB) algorithm in the driver: is it part of the open-source driver code which is availabl for public access, or is it part of the binary-only firmware? I came to know thorugh this mailing list that those two chipsets might not require a firmware, and that gave me hope in finding all the 802.11 functionalities in the open source driver codes, but I have searched through the code of the Ralink 2571 usb driver and the Realtek 8187L driver - What I found was only specifying the min and max values of the contention window (cw), not the implementation of the BEB algorithm itselt.

Aside from this, if any one is aware of any chipset that implements ALL 802.11 funcitonalities in open source software, please save me with it. I'm doing a masters thesis that requires modifying the BEB algorithm. I have tried the following chips so far with no hope: prism (wlan-ng), zd1211(zd1211rw), atheros(madwifi).

The smallest contribution of any of you will be of great value to me!

Regards,
Maali