Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt2500usb stopped working (vendor request error)

Ivo van Doorn wrote:
On Saturday 04 August 2007, Luis Correia wrote:
Well, it may be an hardware error you got on your stick.

Nope, very doubtfully.
When he is using the latest version there would be a big warning
"Not an rt2500usb device" and the driver would halt loading after that.

That or it is one of those wrongly named sticks which are actually
rt73... but i don't really know.

One last test you could do, go to a friend that uses Windoze and see
if it works as a client and if yes, which driver did it detect, rt73
or rt2500usb.

Hmm checking if at least it works on windows would be an idea,
but I am really starting to suspect hardware problems...

ok will test in on my fc6 server (where the last working driver still builds) and see if this one works. if this does not work too I will test on windows to make sure thats a hw problem.
-