Search Linux Wireless

Re: libertas: blows chunks on failed firmware load

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 07:52, Andy Green wrote:
> One of the other cheapo cards I randomly got was a Libertas
> 88W8335 PC Card, I assume I am SOL on that as well.

No, you aren't.

I published the driver into the libertas tree what handles PC
Cards. At least mine (a compact flash based 8388), the one from
Marcin and another guy. The driver is still extremely new, maybe
a little bit fragile, but having people test this beast would be
wonderful.

The error handling for firmware is a little bit better :-)
Because the firmware format for the CF card is different to the
one for the USB dongles, I can (actually must!) download the
firmware before calling libertas-code. So you shouldn't get a
kernel crash if you forgot to install the firmware
in /lib/firmware.

However, *IF* you need the firmware, you can use the firmware
cutter that is currently only in SVN, see
http://projects.linuxtogo.org/scm/?group_id=24
-