Search Linux Wireless

Re: Multiple interfaces in mac80211

Hi,

> > > The channel field appears to be uninitialized for beacon frames. When
> > > I booted this time it is displaying channel 9 and I am on channel 10.
> > >
> > > Other frames show channel 10 as expected.
> >
> > Which is quite weird since the beacon frames use the same rx_status structure
> > as the regular frames. No distinction is made within rt2x00 between rx frames...
> >
> > Ivo
> >
> > -
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
> >
> I'm not sure if this is relevant but:
> It is normal to hear beacons for adjacent channel on 2.4 spectrum as
> channel overlaps. One must read DS information element from the beacon
> to determine on which channel the beacon was really sent.

Well that wouldn't explain why the bug that Jon experiences occurs since that
would mean that beacons from from example coming from channel 9 are reported
to come from channel 10.

But if it should be read from the beacon itself, then it would be the work for mac80211
to do that. Since the drivers will have to do as little as possible with the frame contents.

Ivo

-