Search Linux Wireless

Re: [WIP] mac80211: kill mgmt interface

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 06:38:00 -0700 (PDT), Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> And, just from reading the documentation, it seems to be supported by MadWifi for Atheros
> based devices:
>
> http://madwifi.org/wiki/ngFeatures
>
> and note the "To create APs which share a single MAC address, use the -bssid flag when
> creating the VAPs:"  remark.
>
> Even if no current mac80211 driver supports this feature, the API must not prevent this in the future.

What are you talking about? Have you actually looked at mac80211? This
is supported from day 0 of d80211.

 Jiri

There is probably difference between running multiple hostapd
instances and running in multiple BSSID mode over one interface,
meaning that hostapad is running multiple instances of MLME. I guess
the original post was a bit confusing.
I'm not sure if and how current implementation of hostapd can do that,
but that's probably question for another mailing list.

--
Jiri Benc
SUSE Labs