Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] {cfg,nl}80211 API

Hi,

> - struct ieee80211_channel:
>   use (phymode, channel, 80211n-mode) as "key"; kill off frequency
>   (which will move to some get_channel_foobar function)

Hmm. Maybe we should've kept frequency. How do we want to handle
dot11ChannelStartingFactor (see 17.3.8.3.2 Channel numbering in
802.11j), I quote:

Change the text of 17.3.8.3.2 as follows:
Channel center frequencies are defined at every integral multiple of 5 MHz above Channel starting
frequency. The relationship between center frequency and channel number is given by Equation (27):

   Channel center frequency = Channel starting frequency + (nch × 5) (MHz)                      (27)

where
                              is 0,1,... 200,
   nch
   Channel starting frequency is defined as dot11ChannelStartingFactor × 500 kHz or
                              is defined as 5 GHz for systems where dot11RegulatoryClassesRequired is
                              false or not defined.
                              For example, dot11ChannelStartingFactor = 10 000 indicates that Channel
                              zero center frequency is 5.000 GHz. The value NULL for nch shall be
                              reserved, and a channel center frequency of 5.000 GHz shall be indicated by
                              dot11ChannelStartingFactor = 8000 and nch = 200. An SME managing
                              multiple channel sets can change the channel set being managed by changing
                              the value of dot11ChannelStartingFactor.

johannes