Search Linux Wireless

wireless administrivia (12 June 2007)

Just a quick memorandum...

I will be on vacation next week.  My availability will be limited
starting Saturday (16 June) and stretching through the following
weekend.  I will have some electronic accessibility and intend to
check-in at least once a day.  However, I also intend to enjoy the
company of friends, my spouse, and my numerous (legitimate) offspring
as well as some tinkering with my own projects. :-)

Shortly after my vacation I will be off to sunny Canada for OLS2007.
I hope to see some of you there.  I'm a bit portly, with short brown
(turning gray) hair and I'll probably have a tag with my name on
it -- men of Canada lock up your daughters! :-)  Well if you see me,
feel free to say hello!  Fedora users are especially welcome... :-)

So anyway, if you have any patches that need to get in (especially
for 2.6.22) then you should send them ASAP.  I expect that I can
handle any truly "hot" emergency patches that might come-in during
the next two weeks, but anything less important (or more complicated)
than that will likely be delayed.

Also, if you have anything you are holding for the 2.6.23 merge window
then go ahead and post that as well.  It would be best to give me,
Jeff, and Dave as much time to review things as possible.  Drivers
currently sitting in wireless-dev would be good candidates for posting,
provided that they meet style and maintainability requirements, etc.

The above leads to something I mentioned in another thread.  I would
like to reduce the delta between wireless-dev and upstream as much
as possible and as soon as possible.  Pursuant to that, I would like
to set a goal for the group:

	I would like to see anything which is currently sitting in
	wireless-dev be ready for an upstream merge by the time the
	2.6.24 (yes, 24) merge window opens.

The above is a "soft" goal -- I will almost certainly not be kicking
things out of wireless-dev simply for failing to meet it.  Still, I
think this is a worthy goal and is doable for many parts of the tree.
I appreciate the effort that I expect will be exerted in order to
meet it.

Well, thanks for your attention...feel free to ask questions...

John
--
John W. Linville
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx