Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

Hello, Reyk!

Quoting Reyk Floeter <reyk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm sure that somebody forwarded the mails from our private
> discussions to you where I clearly denied the requests to change the
> license of my driver. I do not believe in dual licensing, and it would
> make my driver less free. It does not add a benefit for us but it does
> introduce additional problems. I don't want to take care of GPL
> licensing issues, and I do not want to distinguish between BSD/ISC
> code on the one hand and GPL code on the other hand.
[skip]
> But you make an idiot out of me
>
> You either totally misinterpreted my statements or you just want to
> spread the FUD that every OpenBSD developer is mind-controlled by
> Theo. I involved Theo _after_ I denied the various requests to change
> the license of my driver because the various people didn't stop to
> repeat their requests. You involved lawyers to question my code.

OK, I appreciate your explanation.  Indeed, I knew only a part of the story, and
what I knew is very different from what you are writing now.

I did avoid your name and the words like "mind-controlled" in the original post.
 I'm sorry that your name was mentioned in the discussion and that you are
feeling uneasy about my comments.

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I was actually sympathizing with you.

I would really like to stop this thread, because it's watched by too many
people, and any wrong word can do more damage.  I do hope that we'll cooperate
on the blob-free Atheros driver.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin