Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:10:09 -0600
Theo de Raadt <deraadt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, Marcus Glocker decided this entirely on his own accord.  I gave
> him specific instructions to decide as he sees fit.  I told him I did
> not want to influence him.

Oh, and sure you didn't, with your personal flamewar!

You made a drama out of a simple issue. We have been so stupid to follow
you.

So, what's driving you crazy right now, sorted by relevance:
1) we went public;
2) we don't believe that Marcus copied code by mistake;
3) we are inhuman and we lack empathy.

About the third one, we can't do anything. Coding bcm43xx made us inhuman.
Plus, we are engineers or even worse species. We even use GPL. Really sorry
about that.

Now, about the first and second ones. Would telling you you are right help
you to stop whining and let people focus on the real issue? In case, I
would promptly tell you that you are right and we are wrong.

--
Ciao
Stefano