Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 12:48 -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> No, your message offered that he can come begging, because that is the
> best that thieves may do.
>
> Come little dog, come beg for forgiveness.
>
> You are a very poor example of humankind.

Theo,

I'm a member of linux-wireless list, an occasional contributor to
bcm43xx and a MadWifi developer.

It has been a few months ago that I was feeling bad for another OpenBSD
driver developer.  The MadWifi team asked him to relicense parts of the
driver (so called openhal) under GPL so that if would be easier for us
to erase the boundary between the HAL and the rest of MadWifi and
eventually integrate it into the Linux kernel.

We got a message from you, which was rather abusive, and it just made
impossible for that OpenBSD developer to do anything but to deny our
request.  I was feeling bad for him, because it was his code.  I would
not want to be in a similar situation.

Now you are asking us to be sensitive towards somebody who just took the
code under GPL and put it under BSD license without asking any
questions, nicely or otherwise.

I'm sorry, but your Harlequin show is woefully unconvincing and
out-of-date.  Knowing something about you, I think a "sensitive OpenBSD
developer" is an oxymoron.

I don't want to fan the flames anymore, so it's probably my one and only
posting regarding this topic, unless you give me a good reason to reply.
But please don't try.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin