Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

> On Thursday 05 April 2007 04:10, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > Do you feel that Marcus should give up his efforts?
>
> To say it clearly: No!
>
> No, he should _not_ give up. The opposite is true.

It's too late.  He has given up, because of your first mail.
He has already deleted his work from our tree.

> He should start to contact us to get relicensing permission from
> us to speed up bcw development and stay legal.

What bullshit.  He should contact you, when he does not known that
he's been found to have made mistakes?

Do you even know the word 'mistake'?

If you make a mistake, sometimes you don't know it has been made
until someone tells you that you have made a mistake.

And you did tell him.  In fact, you told 2000 other people too.

And you are surprised about what has happened?  Are you living in
a cave?  Are you not human?  Don't you know how people behave when
they are publically attacked, and not treated with respectful private
discussion to point out their mistakes?

His deletion of the code has happened for one reason and one reason
alone -- your way of trying to handle this.
-