Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

> 	4. bcm43xx people review the driver and think about relicensing
> 	   (parts of) bcw, so you don't have to rewrite it.
> 	   We don't want to distrurb bcw development, but we don't like
> 	   the harsh way of taking code without permission and asking
> 	   for permission afterwards.

And we don't like the harsh way of public flogging.

> 	   If you want to have more code relicensed, please ask on a
> 	   case-by-case base _before_ importing it into bcw.

No, it seems it is now too late.  The driver has been deleted.

I personally believe that you made a very poor choice by publically
attacking a developer who did not even have working code yet.  You chose
not to mail him privately and point out your concerns.

Marcus has chosen to give up.

Can you please stop mailing us about this?  It's over.  Your beloved
license has been protected, and it's over.

-