Search Linux Wireless

rt2x00 updated in wireless-dev

I have applied the 30 or so patches Ivo sent to the linux-wireless
list a couple of days ago.  Hopefully that brings the rt2x00 driver
in wireless-dev almost up-to-date?

Via wireless-dev, the rt2x00 driver family is now in -mm and in
Fedora rawhide, possibly elsewhere.  I think it will be best for all
concerned to keep wireless-dev closely synchronized with rt2x00 fixes
and developments.  I hope you agree.

Ivo seems to have (almost!) mastered the patch posting process for
upstream.  His last round of patches were easy to handle and merge.
They would have been merged faster, if there weren't so many of them
all at once.  A higher frequency of patches posted to linux-wireless
will continue to improve the merge delay upstream.

The rt2x00 project is important to the upstream community, and hence
to all the distros and their users.  I appreciate and applaud your
efforts in bringing the rt2x00 driver family this far.  I hope you
will now take the opportunity to more closely integrate your efforts
with those of the greater linux-wireless community.

Thanks,

John
--
John W. Linville