Search Linux Wireless

Re: Question about packet injection

Hi folks -

As suggested here I migrated my daemon to using a per-physical device monitor mode interface it creates and destroys from usermode, together with libpcap for filtering and receiving broadcasts and that seems to be working okay. So that is half the battle to get the broadcast system working with mac80211 out of the box without patches.

However, if I inject a captured packet - with a PRISM header prepended - down the Monitor mode interface using pcap_inject(), I see it appear on the libpcap captured output okay, but it does not go out on the air AFAICT.

Is this in fact the correct way to try to inject a packet with fine control over its encryption and rate? If so is it expected to currently work on iwlwifi 0.0.8 or rt2x00 (rt73usb) from CVS 2008-02-14?

-Andy
-