Search Linux Wireless

Re: Capture of unsuccessful ARP exchange

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 21:28 -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> My first assumption was that the field QoS confuses it, but looking at
> the code, it's more likely a low-level problem.

bcm43xx firmware can definitely handle QoS.

> I'll try to see if the
> frame is even seen by the driver.

I would expect you to find that it is not, but just run a monitor
interface in addition.

> I agree.  The frames are either not received physically or thrown out.
> Which makes me wonder why the association happens so quickly.  Perhaps
> it's done at lower rates.

Could you start capturing earlier to confirm this?

> When ping finally starts working, all the data is transmitted at 1Mbps.
> And the QoS field is still there , so it's not a problem by itself.

Didn't you say that you're using mb's tree? You have a 4311 IIRC so I
wouldn't be surprised if there are problems with receive sensitivity
that go away after, say, two minutes (recalibration interval).

johannes