Intel 6250 to Motorola PMP 320

Hello all,

I'm attempting to get a host with an Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
card to attach to a Motorola PMP 320 WiMax access point.  The Motorola
access point is designed to communicate with a Canopy cluster subscriber
module, and I'm trying to use the Intel card in place of the subscriber
module.

The access point is broadcasting in the 3.5 GHz range.  The Intel card
supports this range, but I don't actually see any signal even though the
two machines are in a shielded room a few meters away from each other.

If I take the host with the Centrino out of the protected room I can
detect signals from commercial carriers like Clear, so the drivers at
least seem to be working:

# wimaxcu scan wide
Network found.
NSP : CLEAR
         ID          : 2
         Signal      : Good
         RSSI        : -75 dBm
         CINR        : 11 dB
         Network Type: Home Network
         Activated.
...etc...

If I put it back in the room with the Motorola access point I get
nothing.  I suspect that part of the problem might be that none of the
configurations for the Centrino are designed to work in the 3.5 GHz
range.  If I look through /var/lib/wimax/WiMAX_DB.bin and
/var/lib/wimax/WiMAX_Def.bin there are definitions for carriers, but
nothing above 2.685 GHz.  I tried editing the files to trick wimaxcu to
think these carriers were in the 3.5 GHz, but then it couldn't see
anything at all.

Are there lower level commands I can use to scan for Wimax signals
without having carriers defined?  Do I need to do something to make the
card look around 3.5 GHz?  Can anyone say for certain that this setup
will definitely not work?

Thanks.

-Nick Aubert

--
KTHXBYE

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]