Authentication configuration

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 01:18 +0100, reric1 at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're making trials of various authentication levels on our WiMax infrastructure. With the CPEs we have, it's possible just to authenticate the client on the AAA using a user/passwd. Is it possible to have the same very basic level with linux WiMAx stack and an Intel 6250 ? If yes, what does the auhentication section of the .bin file should look like ?
>
> In case we want to implement EAP-TLS or EAP-TTLS, what certificate should we install on the AAA (Freeradius) with respect to those present on the linux wimax client side (cacert.pem ...). On this client what should be the configuration (DEVICE, CA...) of the CERT section of the EAP node ?

Everything I've heard about the Intel cards indicates they require EAP
authentication.  What EAP *methods* they support is something Inaky
would have to say, but I've only heard of people using EAP-TLS and
EAP-TTLS in deployments so far.  I assume if you're using user/pass only
you'd be using EAP-MD5 or EAP-MSCHAPV2 ?

Dan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]